It’s been a long time since making any type of update to this domain. Posted a few things here and there, but not nearly as much as I used to.
How the times have changed
- I registered therealmac.net back in 2003. I was 20 at the time, today I am 33.
- I was living with my folks in a small bedroom located in the suburbs of Long Island’s North Shore. Today I have an apartment of my own in Dallas. I also used to own a house with someone else. It made me realize homes can be a huge headache.
- The computer I had at the time was an iBook G3 purchased from a programmer who was upgrading to something more powerful. Today I have a 15″ MacBook Pro Touch Bar that is probably 100 times more powerful.
- At the time I worked as a cashier in a grocery store and was pursuing a degree in Liberal Arts – General Studies. Today I have a great career in Marketing along with 3 degrees earned many moons ago. Learning is still part of my everyday routine though. Especially with the new year here.
- Car – I drove a 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera at the time. Today I have a 2016 Nissan Maxima. Twice the horsepower, and superior in almost every way aside from costs. :
- Dad – Lost but not forgotten.
- Not giving a shit – Don’t get me wrong I still care about people but I’ve grown a tougher skin and have learned to grow up. I’ve learned time is a precious resource. Either they like you or they don’t. If they don’t, it’s fine. Move ahead with life and don’t look back.
- Student Loans – At the time I was starting my 3rd year of college. Unsure what I wanted to really major in or do with the rest of my life. After lots of life I paid off the student loans in Fall of 2016. I never plan to go into debt again for any type of education for the rest of my life. The payoff is not guaranteed and the piece of paper only takes you so far.